Costa Rica Original Tarrazu Coffee
The Costa Rica Original Tarrazu Coffee is grown at high altitudes on volcanic soil, where the cherries ripen more slowly, which gives it a rich and hearty flavor. The single origin Tarrazu Estate coffee, known as one of the finest in the world, is master roasted to medium color to preserve the naturally full, elegant, and rich flavors.
- Kosher Certified
- Rainforest Alliance Certified
Flavor Notes: Apricot, Juicy Citrus, and Tropical Fruit
Processing: Washed Process
Roast: Medium Roast
- Drying: Patio and Mechanical
- Farm: Regional Lot- Tarrazu Estate
- pH: 5.1
- Similar Products: Costa Rica Original Tarrazu is also available in Decaf and Dark Roast
- Single Origin Coffee: Grown at high altitudes on volcanic soil
- Certifying Authenticity: Costa Rica coffee is one of the world's greatest gourmet coffees with its light, clean flavor, and wonderful fragrance. The coffee should have a full body with excellent acidity. Authentic Costa Rica Original Tarrazu should have a silky flavor, an almost buttery taste, and a beguiling aroma that creates an outstanding eloquent profile. 100% pure Arabica Costa Rica Tarrazu gourmet coffee is usually rare to find in the market, and many others are usually blends that are being misleadingly advertised.
- Costa Rica Original Tarrazu Coffee History and Processing: Costa Rica Original Tarrazu Coffee is grown on small farms in the mountains around the town of San Marcos de Tarrazu which is situated south of the capital, San Jose. Located up the Pirris River basin of the Tarrazu Highlands, the county estates produce Costa Rican coffee with Tarrazu character. Gravel roads connect the various farms with the nearby towns of San Pablo, San Marcos, and Santa María forming the coffee network known as "Los Santos”....Los Santos, or The Saints, are recognized worldwide as the pioneers of Costa Rica Coffee exporters from the New World to Europe. The combination of volcanic soil, cool temperatures, moist climate, plentiful sunshine, and tropical seasons provide a pristine environment for the arabica trees to grow. Additionally, the coffee farms in Tarrazu are the highest altitude farm operations of the entire country, which means that their cherries are the last to ripen for harvest. Grown at altitudes of 4,600 feet and higher, the coffee beans produced are of higher acidity than those grown at lower altitudes, giving them richer flavors. Further, because the weight loss is less compared to other coffee beans, the Costa Rica Tarrazu Coffee Beans are described as harder, stronger, and denser. In order to optimize associated tastes, the coffee plant cherries must be harvested at exactly the right time. The entire Costa Rica coffee harvest is picked by hand to ensure the quality of each bean and each tree is actually visited up to four times so that only the best of the fruit is picked as it matures. Once the beans arrive at a Costa Rica coffee mill, extreme care is given while handling, inspecting, sorting, and processing the coffee beans to ensure that any defective product is removed. The demand for Costa Rica Tarrazu Coffee requires very high-quality control procedures to guarantee both the richest and freshest aromas and flavors. The harder beans will then be packaged and shipped where they will then be roasted. It takes longer to roast these harder beans than those of coffees grown sourced in regions that are closer to the ocean found at lower elevations. Finally, the coffee is freshly packaged and prepared for purchase.