Jamaican Blue Mountain Peaberry Coffee is the most prized and sought-after coffee in the world. It has a full flavor, nice balance, and provides all the satisfaction one could want with a strong and intense aroma. Famous for its perfection in flavor, intense aroma, and balanced taste, many are regarded as the best coffee in the world. This Jamaican Blue Mountain Peaberry Coffee on concrete slabs in the Blue Mountains.
Flavor Notes: Floral, Cream, and Smooth Chocolate
Processing: Washed Process
Roast: Medium Roast
Jamaican Blue Mountain Peaberry Coffee is recognized as one of the most prized and famous exotic coffees worldwide. Recognized and established growers have steadily increased cultivation and production of what is regarded as the “Best Coffee in the Caribbean” and quite possibly the "Best Coffee in the World." Today, significant improvements in processing and the application of rigid quality control by the Jamaica Coffee Industry Board ensure that only the best beans are offered to discerning consumers. Because of the restricted geographical range where it is grown, this specialty coffee has a limited supply. Additionally, 90% of the crop is sold to Japanese customers while the remaining 10% is left for the rest of the world, impacting the already high demand and, as a result, making it one of the rarest coffees available in modern-day coffee markets.
To maintain this coffee's high quality and minimize the sale of fraudulent versions of this sparse coffee, Jamaica has established the Jamaica Coffee Industry Board to oversee this crop’s production and processing. Certified Blue Mountain Coffee must be grown at altitudes ranging between 2,000 and 5,000 feet in the Parishes of Portland, St. Andrew, and St. Thomas. Jamaican High Mountain usually describes a somewhat lesser coffee that is grown at lower altitudes than this in other parts of the island.
Most coffee labeled as such and sold in today’s global markets are actually not 100% Pure Blue Mountain Coffee, but instead are blends or mislabeled products. These inauthentic items are usually labeled as "Blue Mountain Style" coffees for sale containing the taste characteristics of the original crop, but in reality, may not have a single bean of legitimate Jamaican Blue Mountain Peaberry Coffee. Volcanica Coffee only imports Certified 100% Pure Jamaican Blue Mountain Peaberry Coffee directly from the island.
Jamaican Blue Mountain Peaberry Coffee is made from the highest quality, locally sources blue-green beans in the country. The climate, geology, and topology of Jamaica combine to provide the ideal location for producing and harvesting this world-renowned coffee. The island is known for its cool and misty climate, with frequent rainfall, and well-drained rich volcanic soil. With only a tiny growing area of around 15,000 acres located 2,000-5,000 feet in altitude, the Jamaican Blue Mountain Coffee Region is one of the highest regions for coffee farms in the world. The spine of the blue mountains runs across Jamaica and ends in the eastern portion of the island in the Blue Mountains, which reaches over 7,000 feet.
As a result of the ample cloud coverage, mountain shade, ideal altitude, mineral-rich soil, and abundant rainfall where the crops grow, the coffee cherries of Jamaican Blue Mountain Peaberry Coffee can remain on the trees for three to four months longer than other coffees, which provides the beans with a richer and broader flavor. Most beans are grown by small family farmers rather than huge coffee estates seen in other regions.
The Jamaican Blue Mountain Peaberry Coffee is hand-picked from the crop by a team sitting on a special table that is also removing any defects.
The unique soil and micro-climatic conditions specific to the Jamaica Blue Mountain ranges give this coffee a coveted worldwide flavor and aroma. Famous for having a perfect balance, Jamaican Blue Mountain Peaberry Coffee has an immaculate taste and noticeable sweetness, as well as bold, smooth, and rich qualities all found within a full body with subtle acidity. When growing these exclusively Arabica Coffee Beans, terracing and mixed cropping are used, allowing for the crop to grow alongside bananas and avocados.
The crop is fragile during its maturation but is considered more flavorful and less caffeinated than some of its counterparts. To enhance the endowments of nature, the estates maintain a painstakingly detailed process to ensure that only the finest berries are culled and processed with due reverence to the preservation of the delicate flavors of Blue Mountain Peaberry Coffee.