Everyone has been asking us what is the best way to brew my Volcanica Coffee? So we put together this short guide to show you some of the brewing equipment we use and use it to make the best cup of coffee!
Which grinder do you recommend to use at home?We grind our coffee beans using a burr grinder. Our coffee may range in bean density, for example the peaberry is a dense coffee bean. Our higher altitude coffees may also have a higher bean density. Keep in mind, this is no entry-level grinder. This grinder is built to outlast you and your grandchildren providing that you maintain it properly.
Which coffee maker do you recommend to use at home?Although there are many different coffee makers to choose from, a few things come to our mind when we select the best coffee maker. The most important thing about a coffee maker is brewing temperature. If your coffee maker does not heat water up to 195-212 degrees, you are under-extracting which leads to a weak cup of coffee. Most coffee makers only heat water up to 185 degrees. We use the Technivorm Moccamaster to brew our coffee at home which brews coffee at the perfect water temperature. This is the best coffee maker, certified by the Specialty Coffee Association (SCA).
To purchase a Technivorm Moccamaster coffee maker, click here.
How do you brew the perfect cup?
1. Fold the filter paper so it fits nicely.
2. Rinse the coffee filter paper and basket with hot water. This will remove
unwanted flavors in your Volcanica Coffee.
3. Grind 50-60 grams of your favorite Volcanica Coffee.
4. Fill the tank with 1.2L of cold water (Do not use hot water).
5. Set the filter basket back in place.
6. Start the coffee maker.
7. When the coffee basket is half-full of water, use a spoon and stir the coffee grounds to make sure they are all evenly damp.
8. Wait for the coffee to finish brewing and serve!
For more brewing tips, visit our coffee education page.
Shop our all new start to finish coffee kits.
Check out our Moccamaster KBG Model. With cutting edge products like these, you can make your daily cup a superior one.
Other Useful Articles:
Coffee Education Page
Gourmet Coffee Beans
How to Make Coffee
Grinding Coffee Beans
6 Tips for Brewing the Best Coffee (PDF)